(Photo Credits: Rob Demovsky)
The Green Bay Packers are coming off a gut wrenching blowout loss to the Tennessee Titans and are looking to get back on track against the Washington Redskins on Sunday Night Football. A big part of the recent losses is the lack of a running game and the defense looking rather invisible. After holding some good running backs to small games in the first 4 weeks, the Packers D came back to life and surrending big games to opposing running backs. A missing link to the Packers D is Linebacker Clay Matthews who is supposed to be returning for this weeks game vs. the Redskins. While we talk injuries, lets take a look at the most recent injury report:
Name/Posistion/Injury/Practice status on Thursday
- David Bakhtiari-T-Knee-Limited Practice.
- Randall Cobb-WR-Hamstring-Limited Practice.
- Clay Matthews-LB-Hamstring-Limited Practice.
- Quinten Rollins-CB-Groin-Limited Practice.
- Jared Cook-TE-Ankle-Full Practice.
- Micah Hyde-DB-Shoulder-Full Practice
- Ty Montgomery-WR-Illness-Full Practice
- T.J. Lang-G-Foot-Did Not Practice.
- Damarious Randall-CB-Groin-Did Not Practice.
- Jake Ryan-LB-Ankle-Did Not Practice.
- J.C.Tretter-C/G-Knee-Did Not Practice.
In other news with the run game being so stagnant and stale, the Pack went out and made a move. Early in the week Seattle cut running back Christine Michael and with a need the Green Bay Packers acquired Michael off waivers. James Starks will presumeably take the bulk of the carries as Michael is still learning but expect Michael to make a huge impact in the weeks coming.
UPDATE 10:12 am
Coach Mike McCarthy adressed the media and ruled TJ Lang and Jake Ryan OUT for Sundays game vs. Washington. David Bakhtiari, Clay Matthews and Jared Cook :look good”and that today and tomorrow will make the decision for Clay and Jared. As for Bakhtiari, McCarthy said he looks good and has no concerns.
For all your Wisconsin news, continue to visit instantsportswi.com!