The Green Bay Phoenix travel to Toledo to take on the Toledo Rockets on Saturday night.
The Phoenix are coming off of a loss at Kansas State on Wednesday night in which it was a game of two halves as we have seen all too often through the team’s four losses. The lone bright spot for the Phoenix on Wednesday night would be the balanced scoring attack which has been a positive theme for the team this season and coach Darner’s guys will look to keep that going as we move forward.
With the loss the Phoenix enter play on Saturday at 3-4 on the season as well as 2-3 on the road. With two tough road games following this one on the schedule these next three games could be an important way to build confidence on the road.
The Toledo Rockets are coming off a lopsided loss at UNC-Wilmington on Sunday afternoon. With the loss the Rockets enter action on Saturday with a record of 3-4 on the season.
Green Bay (3-4) at Toledo (3-4)
- Saturday, December 3rd
- 6:00 PM
- Savage Arena (Toledo, Ohio)
- Watch: ESPN 3
- Listen: WNFL 101.9 FM and 1440 AM
A few stats:
- All-time series: Toledo leads 3-2
- Toledo head coach Tod Kowalczyk coached Green Bay from 2002-2010
- The Phoenix have three players averaging over 11 points per game: Khalil Small 11, Trevor Anderson 11.9, and Charles Cooper 12.6
- Last season the Phoenix ranked 6th in the NCAA in points per game, this season they are currently 147th in points per game (75.6)
What to watch:
- Balanced scoring: Balanced scoring has been there in every game for the Phoenix this season. It is a huge advantage when you can count on players that are not in the starting five to point up points and help pick up some of the slack if a starter has an off night which does happen through the season. The Phoenix will need to continue to get scoring from the bench.
- Put together a complete game: In the four losses this season not one of those games were a complete game for the Phoenix. A tale of two halves has been far too common as of late and as we head down the stretch their will be no room for that. The Phoenix must play a complete game.
- Tough stretch: The Phoenix are in the midst of a tough stretch of four road games. After losing to Kansas State on Wednesday night and going up against Toledo on Saturday night it will not get any easier as next up is Central Michigan (beat Green Bay at the Resch Center this season) and following that it is a trip to Madison to play the Badgers.
(Twitter:@ArrickUpton Facebook: Green Bay Men’s Basketball Report)